Brambles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brambles

Post  JML on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:31 pm

As with my earlier post we are in the process of clearing some recently bought land to house our first llamas. I have about a third of the land to finish which is heavily "brambled". I am strimming and digging my way through it - but before I keel over once and for all, if I clear some pathways in to it would the llamas eat it? Would they leave it? Or would it make them ill?

JML

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Brambles

Post  REGISTRAR on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am

Hi JML

We put our Llamas in a field we had just purchased which was more than half full of Brambles. Within two weeks they (9 of them) had cleared the lot and there is no Bramble anywhere to be seen even 6 years later. They love them.

Vivienne

REGISTRAR
Admin

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brambles

Post  mlonghurst on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:29 pm

At our last farm we had a lot of brambles and our llamas loved them and stripped them back a lot. What they do enjoy is the new young shoots comming through.

One thing you need to do is to check the llamas frequently as sometimes some of the thick brambles can become snagged in their coats and sometimes it can snag on the inside of their legs and it is important to clear this away from them quickly before it causes any injuries.

Rgds, Mike L

mlonghurst

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum