llama beans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

llama beans

Post  maggie on Wed May 06, 2009 10:59 am

Hello again

Actually I "aint Maggie" but Terry Crofoot, Tim's superior half. I cant get this Forum to accept me as Terry. Discrimination for you! Thanks, Robert, for your reply to the foot question.
Two of my seven llamas give clumps of beans rather than the expected individual pellets. Occasionally there is "slime" on the clump. All my llamas appear fit and well however. Has anybody else noticed this?
Terry

maggie

Back to top Go down

llama beans

Post  Robert Dewar on Thu May 07, 2009 12:55 pm

One of ours always produces largish clumps and a couple of the others less so. The rest produce beans. We also see slime occasionally, but I think this is a Spring time thing. Rich grass is probably the reason. I reckon it's unusual behaviour which is worth noting and regular clumping and annual sliminess don't bother us overly.
Best wishes,
Robert

Hello again

Actually I "aint Maggie" but Terry Crofoot, Tim's superior half. I cant get this Forum to accept me as Terry. Discrimination for you! Thanks, Robert, for your reply to the foot question.
Two of my seven llamas give clumps of beans rather than the expected individual pellets. Occasionally there is "slime" on the clump. All my llamas appear fit and well however. Has anybody else noticed this?
Terry[/quote]

Robert Dewar

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

llama beans

Post  llamalady on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 pm

I too, have noticed this phenomenum in the field. Tends to be from one or two animals each year, around the time they switch from a mainly hay to a mainly grass diet. They never seem to loose condition, and have had it tested by vet - expensive and test results all came back negative.
llamalady

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Slime

Post  Champion on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Yes, I've seen clumps and slime from time to time too. My vet said a little is ok but it shouldn't be excessive. I was wondering if the slime was an indication of needing to worm, since the last time I had the dung tested due to slime (Easter) there were few eggs but a couple of live worms and the slime is now reappearing and it's about time to worm again. Caroline Champion

Champion

Back to top Go down

Llama beans

Post  Chrisa on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

I have noticed several of my llamas tend to produce clumps rather than individual beans and I think it is my boys rather than my girls! It certainly appears more when I use hard foods (concentrates).

Chrisa

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Terry

Post  Terry on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Terry!

Your Log-in does work!

See, I can be you!

Russ

Terry

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Slime

Post  Caroline on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm

I have just re-wormed my llamas and the slime has disappeared again...
Caroline
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Slime

Post  Caroline on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:08 pm

I have just re-wormed my llamas and the slime has disappeared again...
Caroline
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: llama beans

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: