Handling facilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Handling facilities

Post  Hedgeley on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Hello everyone,

We have just given 12 llamas a new home to give our existing 2 company.
We now need to build some suitable handling facilities, does anyone have recommendations/ photos of what they use?

We have a good catch pen, and large double stable, but need to create something to allow us and our vet to touch them when needed.

Thanks

Vicky
Hedgeley

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Handling facilities

Post  Caroline on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi Vicky. I have a sheep hurdle tied so that it creates the side of a pen, with two other sides being a fence and a brick wall. The fourth side is open. There is a ring on the fence post. That way a llama can be lead into the 'dead end' and the sheep hurdle can be moved closer to the body if necessary. If you need a photo, let me know. CarolineJaneChampion@gmail.com.
Caroline
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mlonghurst on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:04 pm

I use a corner and have a 6 foot gate on one side of the wall and a 4 foot gate on the other side. Both gate can come together to form a large pen for shearing, injections, training etc. If I have an excited llama then the large 6 foot gate can simply be used on its own and create a crush and so the vet can administer treatment without any risk of injury to the vet involved (never need to use it yet though).

Rgds, Mike L

mlonghurst

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: